Come share my world

Friday, December 15, 2006

Saying goodbye................................

I heard 'it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday' today and i bursted into tears. That song always brings back alot of memories. I am one of those people who given a chance would get into 'Dr Who's lil phone booth' and go back in time. There are so many things about my past i would change honestly. I can just hear you guys saying my past has made me who i have become and i should cherish every part of it(true dat) but still i would change a few things :)

Its been a decade since i left high school and alot has happened. I would do anything to be back in my pinafore going 'across' to tuckshop to get my pepsi and sausage rolls missing the sausages! I miss being 12 again! Not that i am not glad to be where i am! Lord i am grateful i love my life and i am glad to be where i am at the moment. I am just a tad bit emotional tonight.....
Just going down memory lane.........all the friends i have lost along the way too numerous to mention. Relationships i had thought i would be able to boast about dying so quickly. This song just makes the memories so fresh. Some of these friends i met while in secondary school and they will always hold a special place in my heart even though we don't talk anymore. Miss you girls so much extension classes was just the best time i ever shared with u guys.

While in college i made some wonderful friends, had a lil misunderstanding and it all fizzled out. Those girls were my dawgs for life back then. We had MSN IM down like that, we just clicked like that.They are doing big things now and i am so proud of them (just wish i could be a part of their lives again) but we seem to have outgrown ourselves......I didn't even realise i had all this balled up until i saw tears coming down and had flashbacks of moments spent with all these people.
So much time has passed it feels almost impossible to now try and pick up where we stopped. Actually went out for lunch once with one of my old friends and there was nothing to talk about (i felt so awful). I really do respect this girl alot and would love for things to be different but eh what's a sister to do?
To top it all up the newest group of friends i just made just showed they weren't who they really claimed to be. It hurts alot thinking that all those memories are all i have left now.........It truly is hard to say goodbye to yesterday especially when what was shared was special.Here is to all my old friends (i know things can never be how they were before) but i really do miss you guys alot every single one of you. I miss all the coded conversations, the late night fone calls,chatting till the wee hours of the night online, the wild partying, man drama, the lil fights, prayering sessions, the pigging out moments.................thanks for all the sweet memories.



7 Comments:

  • I so miss my crew - my people - my friends - trully those were the days - but we all need to move on. Mine was worse - we moved cities so many times growing up that the longest frienship I had was like 8 yrs - and thats from uni yrs - wow - I was even writing about the story of my friend JC - how I miss my gals -

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 1:18 am, December 16, 2006  

  • Yeah that is life for u, people come in to our lives n next thing they r out. One thing I have learnt thus far is that, there r friends for every season of our lives n they r forever changing just like we do!

    By Blogger Biodun, at 2:43 am, December 16, 2006  

  • Awww, that's pretty deep. Memories of "tuck shop" and their sausage roolls with no sausage, meat pie with "chenkele" meat. That's life i guess, people come into our lives for a reason. Don't let stuff weigh u down, enjoy this season jere.

    By Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo), at 2:33 am, December 18, 2006  

  • what on earth happened to the sweet comment i left on your blog miss funmi? seriously?! I feel you on this topic though... The friend you thought you'd always have.. the boy you thought you'd always luv... Fantastic writeup

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 pm, December 18, 2006  

  • I am still very good friends with my crew from UNI. We are all here in the UK, spent 5 years together in UNI, its like i have known them forever.

    BUt my childhood friend.........we stopped talking about 2 years ago becuse of a boy. Imagine that.

    By Blogger temmy tayo, at 12:17 pm, December 19, 2006  

  • I know how you feel dear. Recently I was also wishing I could rewind my life by 10 years. I like where I'm at now, it's just that I miss some childhood and secondary school memories.

    By Blogger Favoured Girl, at 1:44 am, December 20, 2006  

  • We are dealt different cards in life and sometimes we have emotional meltdown; but be STRONG!
    For everything there is a season...Life must go on! Dont get hung up in the past....

    By Blogger NigeriaPolitricks.com, at 4:07 am, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home