Come share my world

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Owambe and so on and so forth
Yesterday was extremely tiring a family friend of habibi's is having a party for his kids today. When we rec'd the invite last month i just thought it would be a lil bash u know rice, chicken, cake and drinks but i was so wrong. Went to help the mum of the celebrants yesterday and i was greeted with massive bowls of meat, chicken and orisirisi like that. Since i volunteered to help with cooking the meat i had to get into 'alase' (u know dem hired cooks back in lagos ) mode.....to be honest i had mad fun (i am weird like that).
Alot of nigerians in london love parties toooo much hanhan i was amazed at how much stuff this aunty had stored up in her garage. She is who i would call a party pro.....large pots, chaffing dishes and ish like that. She also delegated various dishes to her friends to cook.........and i was told to fry the plantains lol. If only she knows that i and plantains don't see eye 2 eye (when i was alot younger i would eat the plantains while they were still being fried i am that bad!)
Woke up this morning and my lower back is killing me from bending down to clean the meat....
Will keep u posted on how the party goes :)
Happy Birthday TemmyTayo......here is hoping all your wishes come true. Will be waiting for you at Gatwick so we can head off to spain :). Enjoy your day and make sure u keep my cake.

5 Comments:

  • Im sure you will have a blast at the party. Try and send some orisirisis my way. LOL. Have a good weekend.

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 1:26 am, December 03, 2006  

  • I HATE cooking!!! I hope your back is better now...thanks for welcoming me.:)

    By Blogger Eyin'ju Oluwa, at 7:29 am, December 04, 2006  

  • Owanbe's r fun, love them too, just for the food especially ha ha, pe le about the back pain.

    By Blogger Biodun, at 4:04 pm, December 04, 2006  

  • dang. .this sounds fun..esp since I plan to have a surprise party for my best friend on Friday.. abeg oh babe if you have any tips leave em for me here or on my blog.. I have a blog entry on the matter... have a great week luv!(i honestly wish i could cook man!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 am, December 05, 2006  

  • @ONB No problem will post something on ur blog

    @Omosewa u r welcome

    @Biodun thanks alot...wish i could get a massage from montaigne place right about now.

    @LOSCM hope u got the 'orisirisi' in your inbox :)

    By Blogger Funmi, at 9:37 pm, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home