Come share my world

Sunday, November 19, 2006

My habibi
Its four days left before thanksgiving in the states. Yesterday's 'food for soul reading' was psalm 50
THE MIGHTY One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.
3 Our God comes and does not keep silence; a fire devours before Him, and round about Him a mighty tempest rages.
4 He calls to the heavens above and to the earth, that He may judge His people:
5 Gather together to Me My saints [those who have found grace in My sight], those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.
6 And the heavens declare His righteousness (rightness and justice), for God, He is judge. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
7 Hear, O My people, and I will speak; O Israel, I will testify to you and against you: I am God, your God.
8 I do not reprove you for your sacrifices; your burnt offerings are continually before Me.
9 I will accept no bull from your house nor he-goat out of your folds.
10 For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills or upon the mountains where thousands are.
11 I know and am acquainted with all the birds of the mountains, and the wild animals of the field are Mine and are with Me, in My mind.
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are Mine.
13 Shall I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High,
15
And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.
16 But to the wicked, God says: What right have you to recite My statutes or take My covenant or pledge on your lips,
17 Seeing that you hate instruction and correction and cast My words behind you [discarding them]?
18 When you see a thief, you associate with him, and you have taken part with adulterers.
19 You give your mouth to evil, and your tongue frames deceit.
20 You sit and speak against your brother; you slander your own mother's son.
21 These things you have done and I kept silent; you thought I was once entirely like you. But [now] I will reprove you and put [the charge] in order before your eyes.
22Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
23He who brings an offering of praise and thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright [who prepares the way that I may show him], to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God.

Daddy i am thankful for my habibi. Thank you for blessing me with my best friend and confidant as a life partner. Its not been so long since we tied the knots but you have tested us in
so many ways (for that i say thank you). Thank you for blessing me with someone who knows how to press my buttons (thus teaching me tolerance and patience). Thank you for giving me a man who has a mind of his own and loves you. Thank you for blessing me with someone who sees me as his other half and not his footmat.

If there is one person who knows so much about me and still puts up with it..that's my habibi.
He has got my back when nobody else has....
Everyday when i rise i am grateful to God that i have someone i can call my dawg4life
When i was at my lowest and thought there was absolutely no reason to live he was there for me
He brings out the absolute best in me (and of course the worst :) )
I had been looking for my TTP for ages
But just at the nick of time the Most High blessed me with my number one stunna
Baby this is to many many years of joy, peace, madddd fun and lil squabbles with you
My big baby thank you for proving to me that naija men are the best EVA!
Please check out Nneka's page a beautiful gbosa to our naija men :)

9 Comments:

  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... this is just a gorgeous writeup.. romantic and very very sweet(lol.. his head will just swell like mad if he ever reads)... but i'm sure he already knows how you feel about him sha... and he obviously thinks the same... this is just too too cute... hope you're having a great weekend luv... i'm knocked out tired forreal... too much stress and partying and lol(the other stuff)...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 am, November 20, 2006  

  • This is just too too sweet :-)

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 12:56 pm, November 20, 2006  

  • awwww - This is so nice - more awww - I love to see (in this case - hear) people in love - Here is plenty plenty plenty years of joy love and harmony - including all the blessings the Lord has for you guys.

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 6:22 pm, November 20, 2006  

  • awww tht is totally touching!
    I feel u girl!
    We have got to be grateful for all God's blessings...
    At the end of the day, our steps are ordered!

    Have a great week!

    By Blogger Bella Naija, at 6:48 pm, November 21, 2006  

  • Funmi Ijamakinwa...na wa o ..so u to have gotten into this blog thingy...It's all good sha...Nice to know that you and your bobo got bak together, although i must say i was surprised when i heard after all the yawa back home...nyway it's all good sha..make sure u keep in touch o..

    By Blogger FalseBitchHater, at 9:24 pm, November 21, 2006  

  • though its not really decent to be poking ur nose into other people love affairs...but i must confess this has got me wishing somebody would be saying this somewhere ....and i will be the subject.enjoy.it's worth thankin God for!

    By Blogger Endi, at 8:18 pm, November 23, 2006  

  • Darling,

    All this mushy mushy talk is making me feel mushy!

    And eh, is this really Funmi Ijamakinwa. The funmi Ijams that i know is not married o.

    Funmi:TALK O

    By Blogger temmy tayo, at 11:25 am, November 24, 2006  

  • Where are you now???

    I went to FoL, it was really GOOD!

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 8:44 pm, November 27, 2006  

  • @ONB please don't stop blogging.Thanks for the comments

    @LB i didn't make it down at the end...i am still so pained at least now i know never to plan any major travelling next march.

    @LOSCM amen amen and amen girl. Thanx for the prayers

    @Bella Naija that is so true....our steps are ordered.

    @FBH i don't know who that is.......u definately have the wrong person.

    @Endi thanks for the comments

    @Aunty Temmy i am not Miss Ijamakinwa, i am sure the girl's ears will be itching wherever she is now with the name her name is being paste about lol.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 10:10 pm, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home