Come share my world

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Feathers, twist, ghana weaving.
I finally decided to stop being an ijebu girl and got my hair done. Going to the hairdressers is always an experience for me........in lagos i always loved going to downtown salon they just have a way of cracking me up (too much estrogen in a confined space). First there was this guy who walked in with a bin bag full of fake designer bags. If u want to rock a fake bag its all love (in my opinion) but not a bag that looks like 'nylon bag'! What really caught my attention was this man who paid so much attention to all that was going on and later bought one for his woman.
Ladies please be honest......your man walks home after a long days work and hands u a VERY fake bag would u be sincerely grateful. I wished i could just see the expression on the babe's face........Now u know a visit to the hairdressers will not be complete without the lil chinese man coming in with his pirate Cds. Those people have now expanded their base to include Sainsburys car park (i honestly cannot stand them........trying to reap where they haven't sown psssshhhh)
My entire day was spent at the hairdressers so u know it was full of petty talk here and there........Hope u all had a beautiful day?
Name this song:
Constant pressures no scale can measure.....We can be like bonnie & clyde
by your side.....I'll be more than a lover

13 Comments:

  • lol@shiny designer bags... ewwwww.. but even worse than the new louis vuitton ghana must go bags designed by marc jacob.. like what self-respecting chick will rock that? how cum ur songs are so hard babe?!?!?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 am, November 16, 2006  

  • Cant imagine that happening to me, fake bag ke?? lol, Ok I know the song, so am answering, lol, sorry funmi cos u kinda band me right?
    Its Aaliyah's "more than a woman!"

    By Blogger Biodun, at 5:03 am, November 16, 2006  

  • @ONB its not hard now ;)

    @Biodun u are hereby ban from answering all 'name that tune' questions.....que e la? lol

    By Blogger Funmi, at 6:50 am, November 16, 2006  

  • Aaliyah More than a Woman, This Biodun sef!!! LOL!!!

    Those pirate DVD sellers are everywhere!!! Tesco car park, Sainsbury's, Tube station, bus stops!!!

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 2:03 pm, November 16, 2006  

  • Yes its aaliyah - ok Im late - and the answer was already given by biodun and LondonB -

    Your salon experience taken me back on memory lane - getting my hair done at my hair dresser all the way in south London - I forget what the area is called - and yes - the fake bag sellers and the chinese dudes and the jamaicans need I say more...

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 3:49 pm, November 16, 2006  

  • I will burn the bag in his presence.lol. Just kidding. You see why it is good to date ''posh'' guys!

    I am laughung my head off here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 pm, November 16, 2006  

  • Its not fair o :(

    By Blogger Biodun, at 10:30 pm, November 16, 2006  

  • Funmiiiiiiiiiii! what happened to "its the thought that counts!"?

    I remember while dating one of my exes, I traveled to a foriegn country and decided to shop for her... man i had no clue her size nor the fact that both countries had different size scales for ladies...ended up buying alot ... when I returned, the items werent her size...man come and see the drama...from that day on i learnt that when it comes to clothes and shoes, except you are 100% sure of size, don't use your imagination..it's never correct!

    By Blogger Miguel, at 11:54 pm, November 16, 2006  

  • @ Miguel its not just the thought o.Chai u commited a cardinal right 'thureee' i bet the clothes were also too small (double crime!)

    @Biodun u will now have ur own selection of questions ok :)

    @ Temmy u got that right.....'posh' guys abi lol

    @Loscm i almost feel as if those chinese and jamaicans have some kind of contract with hairdressers.

    @London Buki don't mind that Biodun psssshhh.Are u serious they sell at the stations too?

    By Blogger Funmi, at 9:15 am, November 17, 2006  

  • Hey dearie, not a good friday at all. Lost my blog now posting on this new addy.
    Have a luvely weekend.

    Temmy!

    By Blogger temmy tayo, at 2:54 pm, November 17, 2006  

  • Thanks hun.
    Wil have to make do with the new blog. Have a beautiful weekend.

    By Blogger temmy tayo, at 5:33 pm, November 17, 2006  

  • Ah salon trips! The ones in London usually waste your time, especially on Saturdays! I once spent 6.5 hours in a salon once. It was horrible..

    By Blogger Favoured Girl, at 3:53 pm, November 20, 2006  

  • I absolutely detest fake handbags! I would rather buy an authentic no name than buy a cheap immitation, i mean, why do people do that?

    By Blogger Demi, at 1:32 pm, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home