Come share my world

Monday, November 06, 2006

This weekend was pretty blah (borrowing Biodun's word), hubby and I spent quality time chilling at home. Finally learnt how to play draughts (checkers) and i most confess i am now an addict (though i keep losing). As usual we had friends over yesterday i totally love entertaining guests!
The verdict is out Saddam gets the death penalty. I personally don't think he deserves it though (after all the atrocities he commited he shouldn't get to go out with a bang like that). He should be locked up somewhere in Serberia or sumthin and the keys thrown away!
To more important stuvvs its seems the strike by unity schools in nigeria has gone up a notch! SSS are now being sent to arrest striking teachers. Click Here As a QCOG i am pretty ticked off at the level of deterioration of my alma mata (at this rate my mini-mes might never get to see quee cee in all its glory). It just saddens me to see how the education system keeps taking spiral shots downwards. What next?????
Finally decided to join the bandwagon and start my gratitude entry (thanks for the inspiration Diamond). I am thankful for the internet. Met alot of cool people via the net and reunited with loads of old friends. My college days were pretty lonely times but thanks to Hook Up Nigerians, The Confluence and Blackplanet i had enough company. Met one of my closest friends till date thru the confluence (she has been there through my man issues, her man issues and everything in between). Fast forward many years later i have caught the blog bug and its been a great ride (need to go for the next BA meeting) so far. I am thankful for sight (thank u Lord) to appreciate the various entries from my blog faves : Biodun, Vera, London Buki, Diamond, Miguel, Temmy,Overwhelmed NB and Bella Naija.
Name that song.....

"Girl i know its been hard since he went away...don't need a man that will give u
money" where were u when this song hit the airwaves?

14 Comments:

  • Is it 'Girl you know its true'?
    I honestly have no idea!
    Anyway, its sad what's going on with QC and other unity schools...Nigeria really needs to slow down and remember things that made us great i.e our brilliant people and good educational institutions...

    Lovin the blog as usual!
    Have a great week!

    By Blogger Bella Naija, at 12:01 am, November 07, 2006  

  • @ Bella Naija thanks girl! Nahhh wrong guess, girl u know its true is milli vanilli's.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 12:04 am, November 07, 2006  

  • So u're a QCOG? I knew it. We've got class, like dat u know? LOL. Only a QCOG would understand! It's sad how the great schools of yesteryears are deteriorating.

    By Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo), at 5:29 am, November 07, 2006  

  • heard about the strikes, it is kinda sad, I know wot u mean girl, met a good friend years back n we r still kool 6 yrs later, I love blogger for the people I have gotten 2 know!

    By Blogger Biodun, at 6:25 am, November 07, 2006  

  • lol...sorry but what is Nigeria turning into?

    As per QCOG please ask Bijou to Kneel down, hands up and close her two eyeses (yes the two both of them).

    Nice blog Funmi.

    By Blogger Miguel, at 3:27 pm, November 07, 2006  

  • Whatever is going on in our beloved country now needs divine intervention. It is only in Nigeria that every arm of govt and infrastructure go on strike.

    Sure you heard Okada people in lagos at some point were on strike. If Govt can allow doctors to go on strike and waste so many lives... why won't they thik they should close secondary schools for 5 years.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 pm, November 07, 2006  

  • sensitivity.......a man like me..lolll
    I see u made ref to hookupnigerians..loll is that site still on???
    Nice page

    By Blogger low, at 10:37 pm, November 07, 2006  

  • @Bjouxoxo u got that right girl we have class like that :)
    @ Miguel thanks for stopping by......
    @Temmy we just need to keep praying for nigeria
    @Low thanks for stopping by. The veteran members of HUN are all grown up now and the new kids on the blocks are just nits!

    By Blogger Funmi, at 11:08 pm, November 07, 2006  

  • I too don't support this death penalty thing.. they should've just locked him up now ehn... lol.. me too i'm just a serious blog addict oh!!!... awww thanks babe for stopping by my blog.. totally luv urs too... never heard this ur song b4 sha!!! have a great week babe.. oh my gosh(I HAVE AN ALMOST-STALKER!!!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 am, November 08, 2006  

  • Miguel, u've followed me here again. I know in ur next life (i don't believe in that, just saying it) u'd want to be female so u can attend QC.

    By Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo), at 5:38 am, November 08, 2006  

  • @ONB u are most welcome. Almost stalker ke?

    @Bijouxoxo tell him girl.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 2:36 pm, November 08, 2006  

  • sorry for my naiveness but what school is QCOG -

    I concur about the state of the education system in naigeria - We still have hope.

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 6:37 pm, November 08, 2006  

  • babe you have no CLUE!!! HE WON"T LET ME BE>> IF HE CALLS ME AND CAN"T GET ME>> HE CALLS ME 5 times and then sends me an email asking me how cum i'm not picking up!!! i'm losing it small small.. he's cool.. but DANG!!! I gotta do something for real.. or maybe i'll tell the whole story on my blog soon so that you can understand the full story of him.. BUT he's bugging me 4real!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 pm, November 08, 2006  

  • @ loscm qcog = queen's college old girl

    @ONB how is 'our' stalker doing? I think the best way to get rid of him is to stalk him back!

    By Blogger Funmi, at 4:59 pm, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home