Come share my world

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Where do we draw the line?


This week has been sort of busy ( will go into that later). Look out for brimful of asha lol
Decided to go thru my usual hotspots online only to get hit by this article on nigeriaworld.com
Growing up i was what you would call a stubborn goat and mennnnn did i get my share of 'chopping cane'. Looking back in retrospect, some of the 'deckings' weren't needed but the truth is it kept me in check. When i read stories like this article i keep wondering - when did this parent cross the line of sanity to insanity?
My folks might have done a few things that would definately be branded as child abuse out here e.g slapping the taste out of my mouth or my mum's favourite (giving me serious 'abara') but it NEVER got to this point. Was this man trying to cast out a spirit from his kid or what?????? Now that i am married ( and by His grace will become a parent) i know for a fact that spanking will be part of the routine for raising my kids. One thing i have learnt though is that it should be done with LOVE ( Bjouxoxo had an article where she mentioned her mum always explained why they were being disciplined - i will definately take that onboard). Alottttttttttttttt of folks hit their kids out of frustration which is where the sanity line is crossed.......Lawddddddd have mazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyy on us all, truth is raising a kid in this part of this world needs God without Him there is bound to be katakata
Do check out Bhookey's blog Eldee dedicated a beautiful song to the memory of Morakinyo Akinkoye.

3 Comments:

  • i agree that children shouldn't be hit/spanked without reason.. just because... i got that a lot when i was growing up and I obviously won't be that way when i have my own kids.. i just hope that i dont try to protect my kids so much that i become a pushover mom... cos thats another evil in and of itself

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 am, October 28, 2006  

  • The man is something else, ants ke n pepper in a kids eyes, that is just evil, pure evil, that was too much now, the guy cant be normal, really

    By Blogger Biodun, at 4:04 pm, October 31, 2006  

  • I was so beaten when i was young and my kids cannot escape feeling what i went through. It did not killme and it surely wont kill them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 pm, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home