Come share my world

Friday, October 06, 2006

Coming out..........

I have always had a thing for scribbling my thoughts and stuff like that but the past year has seen a great plummeting in that department. Hopefully i will be more insprired to let it flow. I have never really thought of myself as an ingrate until i stumbled onto
LondonBuki's blog (check out mummy monday). My mum celebrated her birthday a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be a memorable occasion but as usual we got into one of our ugly fights. After reading Buki's blog i realized there was alot i had to work on as a person.

We are only blessed to have 'these' people around for a couple of years......why wait till they die before we celebrate them. Why not make each day count? Granted majority of us are continents away from our folks but that 3 minute phonecall twice a week will help mend whatever fences are jacked up.

I have always been of the opinion that my mum is just out to frustrate me but an incident last month changed my views(more on that later)

My first entry is therefore dedicated to LondonBuki's mum..............Jehovah Rapha our healer will perfect all that concerns you.(Amen)

10 Comments:

  • Oh My! Reading this just brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much. God Bless You!

    Our Mums always want what's best for us and most of the time they frustrate and annoy the life out of us in the process! LOL!!!

    Hope you sort every little thing out with your Mummy.

    And May The Almighty God hear our prayers... AMEN!!!!

    P.S. Welcome to Blogville :-)

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 2:48 pm, October 09, 2006  

  • I also once thought my mum was out to frustrate me, but I have learned to realise that she is out to bless me.

    welcome girl, look forward to your future blogs.

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 3:43 pm, October 09, 2006  

  • welcome to this particular blogger community.

    this was a powerful way to come out, as we're all following Buki's mom's progress through her blog.

    i feel you. much as i love my mom, we don't get along for more than a few moments. i live in fear that she will pass on and i would not have shown her how much i care about her.

    By Blogger Olawunmi, at 3:53 am, October 10, 2006  

  • @LondonBuki u are most welcome girl. I should be the one thanking you. U definately opened my eyes to see appreciate the little things in life

    @the lifeofastranger thanks alot :)

    @olawunmi i totally feel u...God help us

    By Blogger Funmi, at 1:15 am, October 11, 2006  

  • I join in praying for BUki's mom and for all of us who have one or 2 fights with our moms every once in a while.. God grant us serenity.

    Welcome to the blogosphere.. ur just gonna love it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 am, October 11, 2006  

  • @overwhelmed naija babe thanks for the kind words.

    You got that right serenity is needed big time

    By Blogger Funmi, at 12:11 pm, October 11, 2006  

  • Welcome to Blogsville. See we're one big, happy family, just that we like to "yab" ourselves sometimes.

    By Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo), at 3:10 am, October 12, 2006  

  • @Bijouxoxo thanx alot girl

    By Blogger Funmi, at 11:03 pm, October 12, 2006  

  • Welcome to the blogosphere.

    I bet I'm a bit late, neways just my take on mums.. They are frustrating and annoying most times, but we just have to take a chill pill and try to get along with them. God grant us the serenity to get along perfectly with them like we want!

    By Blogger Naijadude, at 6:11 pm, October 13, 2006  

  • Welcome to Blogville. I have been reading ur blog via Londonbuki's blogroll on her sidebar and didnt realise you were actually a new blogger. Congratulations on jumping the broom too. The babies will come yanfu yanfu in its due season - full term so dont you fret!! (smile)

    I love what you're doing here.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:00 am, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home