Come share my world

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Evasive Surgery

A few weeks ago my hubby and I got talking about polishing our pearly whites. I have a thing for teeth (they just have to be on point). Earlier on this week he mentioned having a surprise for me, i tried all my antics to get it out of him but he wouldn't burge. Nice and early this morning he woke me up and said we had to go for my surprise.
An hour thirty minutes after i find myself in a dentist's room! I must confess i have never been to the dentist in my entire life so i was a little bit scared. After probing (i honestly felt my yearly physical wasn't this probing!) the dentist says and i quote : "you have lovely dentition,but i noticed u have two holes that are about to form (emi ke!).I will fill them up straight away to prevent things from getting worse."
I have never been surprised in my entire life (i am too nosey for my own good) so this was a pleasant surprise and to make things even better my pearly whites were saved from eternal deterioration. It got me thinking about the importance of medical check ups, we have these lovely God-given temples for at least 70 years (God willing) it only makes sense to ensure all the parts are in good working order.From regular twinz examinations, to smear tests, to visits to the dentist they are so darn important.
God help us all

6 Comments:

  • Funmi, I have not been to a dentist oh! I am making an appointment before the end of the year... I am so scared that they'll say I have 32 horrible teeth!

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 2:07 pm, October 19, 2006  

  • lol @ buki, I have neevr been to one 2 o, will do that sometime soon, but I have a feeling they will say somethin is wrong anyways, o well

    By Blogger Biodun, at 3:08 pm, October 19, 2006  

  • My man & I have been talking about having some teeth whitening done too. Must book that appointment fast. In the meantime, enjoy flahing ur whitened teeth and new improved smile. LOL

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:30 pm, October 19, 2006  

  • lol @ Londonbuki it won't be that bad. The suction thingy has a funny feel though

    @ Biodun u don't want to miss out on the invasion(trust me)

    @ Calabar girl, for now we just did scaling and polishing. The proper teeth whitening is booked for later(i honestly can't wait to start flashing my pearly whites)

    By Blogger Funmi, at 9:44 pm, October 19, 2006  

  • Never been to a dentist either.. maybe I should go actually cos i think i'm growin my wisdom teeth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 am, October 20, 2006  

  • Haha - I think that surprised would have killed me - Imagin - surprise!!open your mouth - I would have dashed for the closest exit - I just cant stand any form of pin - or drilling - or dentist - anyways - my check up is soon - I need help

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 11:50 pm, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home