Come share my world

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Counting my blessings

First and foremost i would like to say a big thank u to: (London Buki, Olawunmi and the life of a stranger called me) for welcoming me into blogville.Its seems i must have been hiding far away in Neptune or sumthin cos my addiction for blogspot just started!

I woke up this morning really thankful for all God had done in my life......i know at just the right time i will have cause to truly testify to His goodness. This time last month(11th September) i was lying in a hospital bed with needles all over(i still think i ought to sue the hospital for turning me into a pin cushion!). For those who have read my profile you know i recently jumped the broom :) married life is sweet but mennnnn am i learning fast that i need to tame my tongue if this union is going to last! Sorry i digressed there :) anywayz i was flat on my back for two days and i couldn't do anything for myself not even using the loo. While in this position the last thing on my mind was to thank God(infact i was questioning Him).

I was twelve weeks pregnant when this incident happened and the last words i heard the midwife mention before i bursted into tears were 'inevitable miscarriage'. Yup i lost the baby........and as much as i hated the morning sickness and not fiting into all my 'sezzzyyy' outfits i was completely crushed. I still can't find words to describe the physical pain i went through(thank goodness for my darling husband).
The hardest part was after i was discharged from the hospital (going back to reality). Honestly i am not exaggerating every where i went i saw a pregnant woman or someone pushing a pushchair and i would just feel this surge of anger and bitterness. Thank goodness for the Holy Spirit who kept me in check i would have caused some havoc for real!An aunt told me while i was at the hospital that i needed to ask God what He wanted me to learn from this event(i thought she was off her trolley at first). A month after i can clearly see that she was right when she said those words......... So far i have learnt to appreciate the little things alot more.
I woke up this morning truly grateful to God for all He has done in my life and that of my darling husband. The most exciting part is that we are still a work in progress. I am a big fan of Oprah so i try to keep a gratitude journal 'of a sort'. Went through the journal today and i realised i have 'ha' reason to praise the Lord. For my marriage, my darling husband,for my unborn children, for my darling dad and mum(u would think my mum and i were married to the same man the way we act), and my siblings.

7 Comments:

  • oh whao.. i can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child... hope you're alright...

    take care and keep pressing on

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 am, October 11, 2006  

  • I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I have no idea what it feels like BUT I can imagine that the last thing on my mind would be to thank God.

    God has a plan for all of us... sometimes we question him when we go through unbeblievably hard times. A question we have is, "Why me?!"

    God bless you, your husband, your marriage, your family, your unborn kids and your future.

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 10:59 am, October 11, 2006  

  • My aunt's friend, we call her aunt, has had about 4 miscarriages, and when i see the pain and agony she goes through, i feel terrible. God that did it the first time, will surely do it again. Rather than asking "Why me?" when not so pleasant situations occur, it's better to ask God what he wants u to learn thru that situation. Learnt that in church 2 Sundays ago, it may be hard at 1st but it helps, when u start to see the bigger picture. Thank u inviting us to come share ur world, we'll definitely leave our mark on ur blog.

    By Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo), at 3:16 am, October 12, 2006  

  • @ONB i am hanging in there, thanks for the kind words.

    @ Londonbuki i totally agree with you. He definately has His plans for us, the good part is they are ALWAYS good.

    @ Bijouxoxo its testimonies of people like your 'aunt' that has really helped me get up and dust myself up. At His own time i know He will sort us out......

    By Blogger Funmi, at 11:06 pm, October 12, 2006  

  • wow funmi...sorry to hear about your baby. like u said though, u have many more children to look ahead to but i know a child is irreplaceable.

    Stay strong.

    By Blogger ABBEY, at 1:51 pm, October 13, 2006  

  • @ Abbey thanks alot for the kind words.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 1:03 am, October 17, 2006  

  • wow- the Lord trully is faithful -

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 2:55 pm, October 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home