Come share my world

Monday, November 27, 2006

How have u been?
I have been playing good hostess for the past week as a result my blog visits were reduced (a week from blogville and it seems so much has happened). Had family over for a week and it was a blast.I didn't realise how beautiful London was until i had to act as a tour guide for my guests. Visited London Eye (i honestly don't see the point of it to be honest but it was a good experience), Buckingham Palace, Traflagar Square, Madame Tussads, London Dungeon and of course Peckham Rye.
Next year i intend to visit alot more 'touristy' stuff in London i realised i took so much for granted from my family being over.There isn't much going on per se in my world just the usual mudane activities of daily life (which i am truly grateful for). Didn't get to go for FOL and i am still very bitter because i had to go down to Buckingham to see my baby sister (what is it with that town and not having signs to show there was a uni there arrghhhhhhhh). This trip taught me that i had to invest quickly in a sat-nav system before its too late!

Last week i met an old friend online and we got talking (the usual catch up). He congratulated me on my recent change in status and decided to keep me up2date on our mutual friends. He sent me a link about an old friend.....on checking the link out i found out that my friend had killed his mum. Yes your eyes are not deceiving you his mum...........i have been replaying the possible scenario in my head and i can't seem to wrap my brains around it. What was going thru his mind when he decided to commit this abomination is beyond me. So last week i mourned the loss of a friend...........he is crossed over to a path that only the Almighty can pull him out from. He was such a fun-loving and intelligent boy. He had a few issues a few years back but i always thought he had dealt with them (i guess i was wrong).
Its amazing how the year is almost wrapping up wasn't it just independence day a few weeks ago? After reading Adaure's piece on thanksgiving i did a quick recap of 2006 and i realised alleluyah meje o to rara (isn't enough). God truly has been faithful in so many ways.......beginning of this year habibi and I almost called it quits (the toll of keeping a ldr and all the distractions weren't helping at all). Fast forward ten months we are playing the same tune. My siblings have all had various issues this year and somehow God always made a way out of all the chaos. This year i learnt what the true meaning of friendship was......i have always thought i had loads of people i could count on when things got messy (unfortunately this year alotttt of people showed their true colors and i was shocked). I guess i should be glad but sometimes it hurts (all those years invested into building the rships was just a waste).
Finally decided that i need to fight this battle of the bulge..........i don't know what happened it seems someone came and added pounds of 'phat' on me overnight. Its not even funny at all.........i got the lateral thigh trainer a few months back and i keep looking at it (wish that would help with the weight loss). I have finally decided to take the bull by the horns and starting from tomorrow (u were expecting me to type today nahhhhh i need to hype myself up first) i will start doing 30 mins of exercise. The pounds just piled up without giving me any notice so now its WAR! (wish me luck)
Please check out Yellow Ibo Girl's page.........i thought it was quite intense
Miguel's thesis on the games women play is finally ready....do check it out
Name that tune:
One thing that never changes
No matter whatI cant wait to see you
Cant wait to feel youAnd theres a place of our own, where we can go

5 Comments:

  • I AM FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

    It is so sad about your friend that killed his mum. Really is.

    As for God's blesings: if we decide to count.......

    Gud to know u had fun playing the tourist guide.

    By Blogger temmy tayo, at 1:50 pm, November 28, 2006  

  • OK, men I had this long comment all typed up until my connection messed up on me :(

    I am so not Naming that tune o, I want my own special one, lol

    Glad u had fun with d family, madam tourist guide, lol

    Pray for your friend, pretty sad story.

    Goodluck with the exercise!

    I am thankful for everything God has done in my life this year!

    By Blogger Biodun, at 3:31 pm, November 28, 2006  

  • Its funny how one could live in a city for years and not experience the landmarks of that city/state. i am so guilty of that. It's always encouraging to see people give thanks in all circumstances and i am thankful to God for everyone and everything... as per exercising ... I paid to join a gym (about five minutes walk from my place) and as much as knowing i am a member makes me feel good, I havent been back to that gym since the day i joined...ok i'll join you and start tomorrow.

    By Blogger Miguel, at 5:56 pm, November 28, 2006  

  • Its funny how one could live in a city for years and not experience the landmarks of that city/state. i am so guilty of that. It's always encouraging to see people give thanks in all circumstances and i am thankful to God for everyone and everything... as per exercising ... I paid to join a gym (about five minutes walk from my place) and as much as knowing i am a member makes me feel good, I havent been back to that gym since the day i joined...ok i'll join you and start tomorrow.

    By Blogger Miguel, at 5:56 pm, November 28, 2006  

  • @ Temmy expect your 'cabin' biscuit in the post for commenting first.

    @Biodun u are allowed to answer the 'name that tune q' ok. Will let u know how the exercise goes

    @ Miguel i can relate on signing up for the gym and not going. That's why i decided to buy this lateral trainer.....every new year i register to join the gym only to stop going after a few weeks........can u iamgine i still haven't started the exercise.....liposuction might be the answer!

    By Blogger Funmi, at 3:59 pm, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home