Come share my world

Thursday, November 30, 2006

25 days to xmas yipee!!!

It finally dawned on me (xmas is really around the corner). Rec'd my first xmas card today and it was from overseas :) (i felt really special in a good way that is ). It just hit me i now have to start buying cards and gifts to send out to friends and family and of course look out for really tyte e-cards :).
There is this house to close the station where i live the owner has been working on the front porch (laying bricks) since august. Habibi and I always make fun of the man bcos we keep wondering what is taking the man so longgggggggg.On some days you will see the man digging and digging like he intends to build a well or sumthin! Other days dude will be measuring stuff on the ground. what made it worse was that someone else close by just started working on his porch as well and was done in less than a week.
Anywayz i passed by the man's house today and his porch is finally done -looking lovely i dare say (it was absolutely worth the slow coach runs!). It finally hit me that is just like my life.....i can't keep expecting to get 'the porch' ready in a week God's plan is so different. He wants to take His time to make sure i am blinging when its all said and done :)
Tomorrow is World Aids Day check out Olawunmi's blog
Do check out Uzo's soundbyte.....
Name that tune (bonus q)
Just drifting away
Staring into the windows of the world
I can't hear the teacher
His books don't call me at all

8 Comments:

  • Yes, its that time of the year again, Christmas.
    Ok, I dont actually know this song, lol
    That sure is how life is, diff n unique for each of us.

    By Blogger Biodun, at 1:22 am, December 01, 2006  

  • Xmas is coming, Mama buy shoe for me to wear!!! Oh ya ya Oh ya ya Oh ya ya!!!

    Biodun doesn't know this song? Yippeee!!! Finally!!

    Yup, God has different plans for us, we should try not to compare our progress/success with others. When it all comes to pass, we will be pleasantly surprised :-)

    By Blogger LondonBuki, at 11:32 am, December 01, 2006  

  • Yes the Lord has good plans for us and though it tarries we must wait patiently cause it will come to pass - Have a blessed weekend

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 3:35 pm, December 01, 2006  

  • I LOVE YOUR SMILE......DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO - SHANICE

    LOL.

    By Blogger Ms. May, at 11:00 pm, December 01, 2006  

  • God's plans for us and His timing is always the best. I sometimes think I need all my problems sorted out now now now but God is teaching me patience. When He is finished with you girl, you will be a masterpiece!

    By Blogger Favoured Girl, at 3:43 am, December 02, 2006  

  • @ Biodun u don't know this one lol (that's a first). Hope u got some smarties from jand u need it o :)

    @LB u are so right.....when He is done it is always a masterpiece.

    @LOSCM thanks alot dear.

    @Ms May did u get the song after visting Uzo's site? (just kidding). Thanks for coming by

    @ TP i guess i just need to keep remembering His timing is TOTALLY different from mine.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 10:48 am, December 02, 2006  

  • I got my first christmas card yesterday from my housemate ... it would have been nice if it was from someone who didn't live with me, but hey, beggers can't be choosers!

    Great blog and I'll definitely stop by again!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:02 pm, December 04, 2006  

  • @ Vickii thanks for stopping by.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 9:38 pm, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home