Come share my world

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Singapore Fried Rice and a kiss!

I need to start carrying a journal with me so i can jot down ideas when they spring to mind. Am i the only one who during the course of the day experiences something and makes a mental note to blog about it? Well i have had alotttttttt of those moments this week but for some reason it always skips my mind. This particular event didn't though....


Two days ago habibi and I decided to order chinese (i had been having some weird craving for singapore fried rice for ages!). Habibi dropped me off at the restaurant to place the order while he went to park the car. I had just placed our order when i felt someone kiss the back of my head.............habibi loves playing pranks big time but i knew it wasn't him that kissed my head.I was too freaked out to turn around to even confront the person (mind you there were 5 other people waiting to pick up their orders). Who could this freak possibly be?


Just before habibi walked in a young black man who i had hardly paid any attention too earlier moved to my right side (it dawned on me that he was the weirdo who kissed my head). On a good day i would have either slapped or cussed him out but i just felt like i ought to shut up i think it was more out of fear. As soon as habibi walked in (i gathered liver!) and told my husband what happened. He told me the guy was probably off his trolley and that i should just move away from Mr Weirdo. A few minutes later i had to pay for my order and Mr Weirdo decided to give me some of his money (u should have seen the look of horror on my face).

Fastforward five minutes he starts cussing at the t.v and two policemen walked in. Apparently he had gotten into an arguement with another customer prior to my arrival at the restaurant. He told the officers he suffered from autism and wasn't trying to get arrested again (guess this was a regular occurance with him). I sat there feeling so sorry for him eventhough he just invaded my space. I know of a professor from my old college who had two autistic children but i never really had any contact with them. This guy was probably in his late teens and already the path he has to take in life is jacked up. He kept marching around the restaurant, and even changed the 'open' sign at the door to 'closed'.


Its at moments liks this that i am truly grateful for who i am and what I am.All i kept saying after the officers left was 'oluwa mo dupe temi' (lord i am grateful for my portion in life).
Do check out Bisi and Ofon's page (got me feeling like having my wedding again!)
Congratulations to all the blog award winners

9 Comments:

  • You know I was about to yap the guy sha, God forgive me. Its sad, I thank God for my life!
    Yep I have checked the website, I like the aso-ebi, very nice:)

    By Blogger Biodun, at 11:42 pm, January 11, 2007  

  • Talk about "SHIT HAPPENING". Gosh, sometimes life gives us the most f'ed up of things and we just have to be thankful, cos somewhere out there our bad portions are someone's blessings.
    Imagine people praying for pikin and God gives them one with Autism, pikin na pikin they'll still be grateful to God!

    UHM

    P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR:)

    By Blogger Mamarita, at 4:47 am, January 12, 2007  

  • tayzI am the father of an autistic child (see blog) and yes mamarita we are grateful to God for our wonderful blessing.I am actually upset at your comments "bad portions" , "f*d up things" etc. We are talking about human being here are we not?

    Funmi - I can understand your distress in this situation however it is worth noting that the boy's behaviour towards you was not meant in this manner.

    By Blogger Toksboy, at 6:47 am, January 12, 2007  

  • Na wa o. Thank God for life and the many blessings we encounter. Some people really have it bad. Bisi and Ofon's engagement pixs are just too bam. I'm seriously thinking of going to their wedding but, we'll see what happens. NOTE: I'm not crashing it, i'll find a way of getting the invite by hook or crook. About the blog ideas, that happens to me all the time, so now i just write it down.

    By Blogger Cherub (former Bijouxoxo), at 7:25 am, January 12, 2007  

  • @Biodun the pictures are so lovely and the aso ebi was original...out with woodin in comes tie and dye.

    @ Mamarita happy new year dearie.

    @ Toks-boy yeah i understand what you are saying. It was only after he mentioned he was autistic that i realised it was personal.

    @Cherub if you can make it to the wedding make sure u do girl. It seems that will be one of the hottest this year.Happy bday in arrears.

    By Blogger Funmi, at 11:51 am, January 12, 2007  

  • Moments like this that you thank the Lord for the Life He has given you. Cause all the problems you will ever have, will be nothing compared to what people in this young man's situation go through. Father I thank you for the Life you've given me.

    By Blogger The Life of a Stranger called me, at 7:05 pm, January 12, 2007  

  • Thank God you did not slap the guy oh. He had enough problems to deal with already.

    Singapore Fried Rice Hmmn? Where my own?

    I'm off to Ofon and Bisi's page. Oh how I love weddings!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:35 pm, January 21, 2007  

  • dang you got me with this post.
    'oluwa mo dupe temi'...beatiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 am, January 30, 2007  

  • Thanks for the tip about carrying a notebook to jot blogging inspirations. I do forget sometimes. Oluwa Modupe temi... that's a nice one especially as my name is Modupe.

    www.dupeolorunjo.com

    By Blogger Nuggets of Gold, at 8:59 am, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home